Friday, September 30, 2011

Operation Write Home Blog Hop


Welcome to the Operation Write Home Blog Hop! It's my first time participating and I'm excited to join in the fun!  Supporting OWH is fast becoming a passion. I mean, how often can you do something you truly enjoy and benefit someone else in the process? The thank you letters OWH receives from grateful soldiers and their families are more than enough to let you know there is great power in a handmade card, especially one made with love and gratitude.

Our challenge for this hop was to create a holiday card without glitter! Say what!?! A holiday card without glitter? I'm sure there's a law against that somewhere!!! Yikes, talk about pressure!

But remebering these cards are for our troops, and we want to keep them safe, I put on my thinking cap and came up with an idea. Clean and Crisp! That's the ticket!  Oh, you want to see what I came up with? Ok, here you go:



Here's a closer peek at the details. (And, yes Virginia, that is a little bling--but it isn't glitter! LOL)


So, there you have it.  Clean and Crisp, with just a touch of bling.  By golly, maybe it is possible to make a Christmas card without glitter! Who'd a thunk? (Wink, wink). 

They asked us to keep these posts short, so that's it from me. If you have any questions on my card or would like a quick tutorial, just leave me a comment. You're welcome to look around a bit, or continue hopping and enjoying the other amazing creations my fellow bloggers have in store for you! Either way, thanks for stopping by!


31 comments:

  1. oh Kathy... this is really nice.. I love all the elements you used on your card. Pretty, pretty, pretty!!! ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. That little bit of bling adds a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the embossed frame - sets everything off even though it is white on white.

    thanks for supporting OWH

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the embossed window that lets the stamp show through. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Thanks for the idea. :)

    Lauren, Paper Love
    readysetlove@me.com
    www.readysetlove.me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bells are genius, phenom card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the "bling" Great card. Thank you for sharing :)

    Manda :)
    ajsarts at gmail dot com
    http://www.ajsartsanddesigns.com
    http://www.ajsdigishoppe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely, but what really caught my attention was your photography. The way you placed matching buttons in front really set off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty - love that you kept it simple and the way you layered the embossed frame - white on white! Thanks for sharing with OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. White on white, lovely. textured frame, brilliant. bling and shimmer on the side...wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love the clean look you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dimension with the bells and the frame. Very nice with the pine branches. Thank you for sharing it and supporting Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh how I love the way you have made the window out of the negative of a diecut

    ReplyDelete
  14. like the way the frame and bells overlap the fronds!
    Thanks for supporting OWH
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgot to tell you that I know exactly what you mean about it turning into a passion!!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely design, and I love white on white with a touch of color! The stamping behind the embossed window is very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card! I love the white frame!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card!! All the elements work so well together! 'Perfectly balanced' was the phrase that came to mind as soon as I saw your card! Nice job and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. White on white is definitely clean and crisp, and I LOVE the stamping behind the frame. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! I love the clean design and your use of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card. Love the LO. Super clever use of the frame! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, Kathy! Love the pine showing behind the frame...and your blog wallpaper, too...did you design it? Congrats on your first hop!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That embossed frame is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the embossed frame- great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the look of the white on white with the embossed cutout frame and the way it lays above the greenery really gives it a lot of dimension. Thanks for joining in the hop and supporting Operation Write Home Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great card! I love the way you framed your sentiment and the bling is a perfect way to add shine without glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card!! I love the bells!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really like the way you framed the sentiment over the pine boughs. Very pretty. Gotta love bling.

    ReplyDelete