Thursday, September 29, 2011

Masculine Card Using Magenta Scenic

Why is it making cards for men can be so challenging?  I guess it's one of those mysteries of life, but for what ever reason, I always dread making cards for men. Instant brain cramp.  Know what I mean?
Well, recently I needed to make a card for a friend's birthday.  I struggled coming up with an idea, and then I remembered this little scenic stamp by Magenta. I've always liked it, but could I turn it into a man-card (not to be confused with a man-cave, but I digress).  Once I started thinking about it an idea began to gel in my mind, and lo and behold, the actual card came together relatively quickly.  Go figure!


I started by stamping the Magenta scene and coloring it with Copic markers.  I then trimmed it, and added a kraft mat.  Next I stamped the text background on a cream piece of cardstock, distressed it a bit with Chai ink and matted it with black cardstock.  I trimmed a piece of kraft stock slightly smaller than the cardbase, embossed it with a houndstooth embossing folder, and matted it with black.  After tying on a black and cream ribbon, I added a green button and adhered the whole thing to a cream card base.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment and frame (PaperTrey's Little Labels) on to a scrap piece of kraft, timmed it and adhered it with pop dots.

Not too bad. And guess what? Our friend liked it too! So now I can relax until next year.  Next year?  Yikes.

Ok, now it's your turn to go overcome a creative stumbling block. You can do it!

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card. I especially like the script stamping. I am so glad you started a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT card, I like the framed scene type of stamp images and didn't know Magenta did that. Now I'll have to stalk my LSS to see if they carry those. LOVE the way the black and green accents just pop. Totally awesome for a masculine birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the colors, textures, image, and sentiment! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Like the juxtaposition of the houndstooth and the print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this is such a handsome card!

    ReplyDelete