Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Is In the Air

Wecome back!  It's really beginning to feel like fall around here. I swear, that was the fastest summer in history! I think we got maybe 3 weeks of nice weather. Yikes!

Anyway, thought I'd try to capture the spirit of the season anyway.  Here's my take on a beautiful fall day.



The fence was kind of an experiment. I'd gotten the die from PaperTrey a while back and I love it! While digging through some supplies, I noticed a humungus stack of exotic wood veener samples I got several years ago when I attended the International Woodworkers Show with my hubby. Hmmmm, wood and fences seem like a pefect pair, LOL. 

Anyway, the veneer is very thin, and a bit brittle, so I wasn't sure whether it would cut with the die, but it did and I'm tickled with the result! I stamped the tree and grass, popped the fence on, added some tiny brads for the nails, and voila!  My take on a perfect fall day!

Thanks for stopping by today. Be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Your wood veneer fence turned out beautifully and I love the tree, beautiful card kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea with the wood veneer, think I have a few samples here myself. Your card just screams Autumn, love it! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at SSD for our OWH challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have the veneers. They cost a fortune at the LSS. Beautiful job

    ReplyDelete