Saturday, April 7, 2012

All Time Favorite

I stumbled into a super sale on Penny Black stamps a while back, and this little Mo Manning image just spoke to me. I love the accompanying sentiment and thought it would make a great card for a soldier to send home to a child or loved one. It just spoke "happy" to me.


The card went together pretty quickly. I stamped and colored the little girl and her bear, then matted it on avocado. The sentiment was stamped in chocolate, and die cut and embossed using a Spellbinders Classic circle die. An avocado mat was added, along with the teeniest sliver of avocado and a few melon colored pears. A bit of melon satin ribbon for a bow, and a scrap of DP that was hanging out in my scrap bin finished it up.

I hope whoever gets this will get as big a kick out of that sweet little image as I did. Like I said, it spoke "happy" to me, and I hope it does to them as well.

5 comments:

  1. Mo Manning images are just so darn cute! And with your avocado and melon colors, this image is also YUMMY! What a darling card and sure to bring a smile to all who views it. The wee little melon pearls are a precious accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, great colors and beautiful image. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sentiment...you're right...someone will be tickled to receive this one...but I think that about all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete