Friday, March 30, 2012

Delft Tile

Do you ever get an idea in your head that's really cool--in your head, at least--but doesn't quite come together the way it looked in your head? Well, this card is one of those, but I thought I'd share it anyway because you can't see what was in my head, so you'll never know how cool that one was and you won't be able to say "what the heck was she thinking!" Ha.


I started by stamping a swirly vine  design on white, punched out four 1-inch circles, then punched four 1-1/4 inch circles from navy stock. These were adhered together, then adhered to a piece of white that I'd embossed and matted with navy. The label was die cut, and stamped using the same blue ink used on the  swirls. It's popped up a bit and shows up nicely in real life, even if it looks a bit flat here. 

My original idea was to recreate a blue delft tile motif--that inspiration might have translated better if I'd used squares instead of circles. But--nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So, there you have it. Too bad you couldn't see the one in my head. It was truly beautiful!!

4 comments:

  1. Hate it when that happens...kinda like, in my head, I'm 5'9" and perfectly thin! I think this is lovely...I love blue and white, and I really like that die cut label shape. I saw some Easter eggs on Pinterest (where else?) that were Delft-inspired...Delft blue top and bottom, with a white stenciled with blue band around the center. Aahhh...someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up! I can't even imagine 5'9" when I'm on a ladder. Oh, FYI, the label is a Spellbinders Fancy labels.

      Delete
  2. I'm seeing Delft plates here, so they wouldn't be square lol. Fab idea Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plates! That's the ticket! Your a genius KellyRae (insert big grin here).

      Delete