Monday, March 26, 2012

Birthday Swing Card

Sometimes you feel like a nut...  Well, sometimes you just feel like you need to do something different.  I've always liked these swing cards, but don't typically make them because they don't lend themselves to writing a personal note. And since most of my cards go to Operation Write Home, that's important.

Still, I was in the mood the experiment with something a little different, and the following is what transpired.


It's really a simple  card, it's just the swing panel that ups the ante a bit.   Here's what it looks like open.


The DP and card stock are from PaperTrey, the stamps are from an old Impression Obsession set. The cake and candles were hand colored with markers. The "brads" are just circle punched card stock covered with Glossy Accents, as were the candles.

What makes this card fun is the WOW factor for someone who's never seen one, and only you know it's easy!

Go try a swing card for yourself. It's a fun way to up the ante in your stash. By the way, if you need instructions for the card, there are tutorials all over YouTube, and Splitcoast Stampers has a tutorial too. Sorry, I don't have a specific link, but if you really need help finding one, let me know and I'll try to find one for you.  In the meantime, I've got to scoot--sounds like dinner's boiling over!

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Kathy. I have not made one of these in ages. I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the colors and the swing technique...just saw a great demo of that at the SU! thing I went to, and realized how easy it is! So what did you boil over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was making beef barley soup. No big deal, but boil overs sure can make a mess when it comes time to clean up! The soup was great though.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you Kathy. Most of my cards go to OWH so I rarely make a non-A2 landscape fold anymore. Your swing card is so bright and cheery. Totally love the retro feel to it. (and yummmmmm...homemade beef barley soup)

    ReplyDelete