Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sending Warm Thoughts

Gosh, I can't believe how long it's been I've posted. Life continues to be interesting at my end of the swamp. A few health problems have popped up that have taken me out of play, but hopefully I'm rounding the corner on those.


Anyway, I thought I'd try to straighten up the ol' craft room a bit today, and decided to get a little inky while I was at it.  Though the results are a little dubious, I have to admit it felt good to get inky. Since my excuse was to clean up a little, using up some scraps seemed appropriate.  Unfortunately, that also means I have no idea where the paper is from! The mailbox was one I'd colored a while back that was just waiting to be used on something.  A little die cutting, a simple sentiment (I do know that is from PTI!), and a butterfly or two, and another card to add to the stash.  Actually, this card will probably make its way to Operation Write Home shortly.

So my question for you today is, when you haven't had a chance to craft for awhile, does it take you FOREVER to get back in the grove?  I always feel like I'm starting over--everything just looks a little off, if you know what I mean.  Hope you've got your grove on. And if you have any of that grove to spare, I'd be happy to take it off your hands! Ha. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back...and with a lovely card, as always! Those colors are so spring-y, and what a beautiful coloring job...I'm not good at that. Sorry to hear about the health stuff...hope it improves! And, yes, it takes forever to get back in the groove...probably because I never have a large block of time to commit, just bits and pieces here and there. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors (AND coloring) on this card are truly lovely. I adore how you colored the mailbox post (especially with the white highlights). Am glad to see you posting again and hope your health continues to improve. I haven't got back into the stamping groove so much yet from the holidays. I do find that it takes a little while. I start slow, maybe coloring up some images (like you did with the mailbox) and then maybe the next month put them on cards.

    ReplyDelete