Saturday, December 3, 2011

Toile Love You

Hi everyone! 

I had a few minutes today to get a little crafty. I really wanted to get some done for Operation Write Home.  They are having a couple of drives for valentines and general "love" themes that will help provide shipping and cookies to the troops.  I've been wanting to participate, but just wasn't sure I'd be able to, but today I got at least one done for the cause. Makes me feel better.

I had a couple of small rubber stamps that reminded me of the motifs you see in toile prints and I thought I'd try to use them to make a background paper.  I stamped the images repeatedly in a fairly consistent pattern, then ran the finished background through the Big Shot using a textile embossing folder. The end result reminds me of a quilted bed cover. To highlight the embossing a bit, I lightly swiped it with Chai ink (PaperTrey), then adhered it to a bit of red cardstock.  

The sentiment was stamped on a circle cut with basic circle nesties, then mounted on red that had been cut with an eyelet nestie.  Another touch of red card stock, edged with Apron Strings (I think that's what it's called) border punch, and embellished with white satin ribbon, plus a little tag and sentiment tied on with a bit of twine finished this quick card.   

So if you want to help Operation Write Home meet their goals, go check out their site and get crafty.  The deadline, I think, is December 10, so time's awastin'!  You'll feel great too, knowing you helped a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment